Most items in our homes break down or wear out over time, this includes plumbing fixtures. Often times these are some of the most overlooked items in our homes. These are the items that go unnoticed until they break. They are also the items that are better off being fixed or replaced before they break. So how do you know when it’s time to replace your plumbing fixtures?
The first sign that anything needs to be replaced, whether it’s a sink, faucet, toilet, tub or shower head is that it is leaking. Most of these items have a pretty long life span. If any of these are leaking and it can’t be fixed, it should be replaced, especially if it is a tub, sink or toilet that has a crack in it.
Once you have a plumbing problem, you need to act fast. Small problems quickly become big problems, especially in the plumbing department. If you feel overwhelmed, don’t hesitate to call a professional plumber like McDonough Plumbing to get the job done.
Most plumbing fixture failures are caused by:
- Plumbing that is just too old
- Installation that was done improperly
- Hardware of poor quality
- Improper maintenance
- Variance in temperature
When you know it’s time to replace your plumbing fixtures, there are several things to keep in mind.
- Purchase items from a reputable plumbing supply store
- Don’t buy the cheapest item, often times those are what will break the easiest
- Check the EPA ratings for the WaterSense label, these help determine the water usage compared to other fixtures
- Rather than searching for lower priced items, look out for sales for items of higher value
McDonough Plumbing’s professional plumbers can help you find and install the right plumbing fixtures for your home or business in the Port Charlotte area. Whether they’re broken, or you’re just looking for an upgrade, we’re here to help. Give us a call at 941-624-4343.